A series of four free half-day workshops
Training for Visitor Economy Businesses
Liverpool - Better Than Ever
Free training for hospitality and leisure staff in Liverpool City Region
Marketing Liverpool, in partnership with Katy Moussaada Training, is funding four linked half-day workshops designed for staff working in Visitor Economy Businesses in Liverpool City Region. The funding for the training has been provided by HM Government, European Regional Development Fund and Liverpool City Council.
The workshop programme named 'Liverpool - Better than ever' has been created based on Visitor Economy Businesses feedback on perceived training needs post COVID-19 pandemic and Brexit.
Who should attend?
All front of house staff who encounter visitors, especially if they wear a badge and uniform. Newly recruited staff or pre existing staff who would benefit from a refresher and people looking to embark on a career in the hospitality sector.
Why should they participate?
Post-pandemic, many front of house staff on returning to work need re-energising. They may also need to revisit and update their front of house skills.
- Each workshop will have a running time of 3 to 3.5 hours
- Team members from direct and indirect Visitor Economy sectors within Liverpool City Region are invited to attend
- The workshops will take place at the British Music Experience in the Cunard Building
- Two team members per business are permitted a place on the workshops
Workshop 1 - Welcome Back - Customer Service
23 March 2022 - 10:00 - 13:15
- Customer service refresher and update on post pandemic re-opening to energise and re-motivate staff to deliver exceptional levels of service
- Meeting all increased and changing customer expectations and exceeding where possible
- Communicating COVID-19 safety advice in an effective, positive and reassuring manner
Workshop 2 - Inform - Offer - Enhance Sales and Upselling
30 March 2022 - 10:00 - 13:15
- Maximising customers spend post COVID-19 Pandemic
- Sales and upselling principles and best practice
Workshop 3 - Loyal or Lost - Dealing with Complaints
6 April 2022 - 10:00 - 13:15
- Positively dealing with difficult situations and complaint handing
- Referencing specific and potential Visitor Economy Economy COVID-19 issues and complaints
Workshop 4 - Love Liverpool - Destination Awareness
13 April 2022 - 10:00 - 13:15
- Destination awareness, important to visitors and the region
- Delivering relevant and up-to-date knowledge through positive communication
- Co-promoting Liverpool businesses
- The importance of promoting Liverpool and Liverpool City Region to boost businesses post COVID-19
Certificate for participants
All four workshops can be offered as a 'Pick and Mix' choice. However only the delegates/businesses successfully completing all four will be eligible for the certificate.