Marketing Liverpool tirelessly champions our city region in every which way we can, across an array of influential brands.
From attracting visitors, to welcoming investment; hosting major events to generating global press coverage – Our dedicated team are forever spinning an impressive number of plates to help propel growth and prosperity for Liverpool City Region.
Here we’ll regularly be serving you up a regular veritable buffet of Marketing Liverpool updates, news and successes, in brief bulleted form, to give you a digestible but satisfying sample of the work we are doing this month.
There’s a lot there but it’s well worth a quick read, so whet your appetite and take a look at some highlights for October 2022. Enjoy!
- Recent new VisitLiverpool Partners include the nightclub MODO, history and music tours, Global City Experience, Crazy pool, bowling and golf bar Roxy Ballroom, serviced city centre apartments, Happy Days Group, Hotel Anfeild, restaurant with rooms, Moor Hall, travel company, Transport for Wales, Liverpool premier golf bar, On the Green and new national children’s museum, Eureka!
- VisitLiverpool’s recent ‘Escape the Everyday’ campaign achieved more than 40,000 campaign page views and a paid media reach of over 30 million people.
- VisitLiverpool successfully showcased the city region at ‘Destination Britain North America’ in Washington DC, where we showcased our visitor economy to the North American and Canadian travel trade industry. Held for the first time since 2018, the event saw over 2,000 one-to-one meetings take place between UK suppliers and top buyers from across the States.
- VistLiverpool hosted another informative partners meeting on the 7th September, featuring updates around the Accommodation BID, the Liverpool City Region Tourism Awards 2023 and our new partnership with Data Thistle events platform.
- Visit Liverpool’s new ‘Liverpool Autumn/Winter Collection’ campaign has launched with premium digital sites at Euston and Piccadilly, plus various national out of home and online display advertising. The campaign looks to promote the wealth of attractions and events we have over the months ahead; including the Turner Prize, River of Light and World Gymnastics Championships Liverpool 2022. Read more about the campaign HERE.
Digital, Press and PR
- Marketing Liverpool collaborated with The Times on a feature on the ‘Best Hotels in Liverpool’.
- Piece in The Boston Globe on ‘Liverpool being more than The Beatles’.
- Time Out named Liverpool as one of the best destinations for a romantic getaway.
- Cruise Liverpool 15th Anniversary celebrations content has been positive and was picked up by BBC News.
- Coverage generated for Liverpool Convention Bureau, Liverpool Cathedral and ACC Liverpool winning at the M&IT Awards.
- New website feature created on the work of Marketing Liverpool’s Communications and Digital Marketing Executive, Sophie Shields.
- River of Light has launched (21Oct – 6Nov) follow the VisitLiverpool social media channels for the latest information.
- Marketing Liverpool are working closely with our partners VisitBritain to develop an influencer visit and live stream project in conjunction with The Beatles Story to generate further tourism from China.
- Marketing Liverpool assisted with the development of an 8-page feature in Punto Mice, a prestigious Spanish meetings, incentive, conference and exhibition publication promoting Liverpool as a great incentive destination.
- Marketing Liverpool successful ‘Taste Liverpool. Drink Bordeaux’ campaign has been shortlisted in Prolific North Marketing Awards for ‘Best Tourism & Leisure Campaign’.
Liverpool Convention Bureau
- The Liverpool Convention Bureau team won the Silver award for ‘Best UK Convention Bureau’ at the M&IT Awards.
- Liverpool Convention Bureau hosted a well-attended workshop event. held at Hope Street Hotel on the 29th September.
- Liverpool Convention Bureau engaged with the PA Hub showcase event at Hilton Liverpool.
- A successful Labour Party Conference was held at ACC Liverpool, quickly followed by a further commitment to return to the city for another part conference next year.
- The LCB team also recently welcomed Perry Gil-Ran, Vice President of Kenes Group PCO to Liverpool for three days.
Sport, Culture & Music
- The hard work of Marketing Liverpool Sport Culture and Media Team paid off big on Friday 7th October, when Liverpool beat out finalist Glasgow to secure the opportunity for Liverpool to host Eurovision 2023, following strong support from our sister city, Odessa in the Ukraine, who produced a video supporting Liverpool’s bid.
- English singer and songwriter, Tom Grennan released a new music video, filmed entirely in the city and released on YouTube showcasing our city skyline, Pier Head and Museum of Liverpool as its backdrop.
- JLess than a month to go until the World Gymnastics Championships Liverpool 2022 (29th Oct – 6th Nov). Tickets now available HERE.
Liverpool Film Office
- The Production Guild of Great Britain (PGGB) has announced that Lynn Saunders from the Liverpool Film Office will become one of the members of its North West of England Committee, the third of six National and Regional Committees, established by the leading UK membership body for production professionals, in response to the continuing boom in film and High-end TV production across the UK.
- As Liverpool’s new full-service film studios ‘The Depot’ is now fully occupied, Liverpool Film Office are supporting other productions by helping them to find alternative studio/build space across the Liverpool City Region.