HMP Liverpool are looking for local catering and hospitality industries to attend a recruitment fair on Thursday 27th of October 2022.
Venue: HMP Liverpool / Walton Prison, 68 Hornby Rd, Liverpool L9 3DF (map)
The North West has a talent pool of reformed individuals who are looking for hospitality work within the Liverpool City Region.
These people have gained a wealth of experience through running the busy kitchens that provide meals to over 700 prisoners daily, managing the daily operational function of our Staff Café and working towards their own catering, hospitality, and customer service qualifications.
Over 400 businesses and government departments are providing employment opportunities to serving prisoners within industries workshops, ROTL placements and employment of prison leavers, your business could be one of them.
The social value of recruiting prison leavers is endless, and you can find out more about this by attending our Unlocking Hospitality event.
- 3 out of 4 people would be comfortable buying from a business that employs ex-offenders
- Ex-offenders who get a job after prison are up to 9 percentage points less likely to reoffend
- 81% of people think that businesses employing ex-offenders are making a positive contribution to society
- 86% of employers of ex-offenders rate them as good at their job
- 92% of employers say diverse recruitment has enhanced their reputation, helping them win new contracts
EVENT SCHEDULE – HMP Liverpool Thursday 27th October 2022
- 12:00 Employer arrival and welcome
- 12:30 Taster session and ‘Employing Prison Leavers Presentation’
- 13:00 Tour of the establishment
- 13:30 Meeting prospective employees.
Employers in attendance are asked to bring with them any live job vacancies that they may have within their organisation, and consider the time spent getting to know a prisoner at the event, as an interview with the potential to provide consideration or an offer employment on the day.
To register interest, employers should contact Lea Sadledein:
Lea Sadledein | Prison Employment Lead
Reducing Reoffending Team
☏ 0151 530 4386