Liverpool City Council have extended the window for the Trading On Scheme grant to support businesses affected by Covid-19, providing a further opportunity for businesses to apply who may have missed the first window.
The new tranche of ARG is intended to support small and medium-sized businesses and charities with over 10 employees who can evidence that they have been severely impacted by coronavirus restrictions.
Those businesses who have already applied are being prioritised for appraisal and do not need to reapply.
The Window for applications opens 10.00 am Monday 29th November 2021 and closes 5.00 pm Friday 10th December 2021.
All businesses/charities must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be able to accept the grant under Subsidy Control/State Aid rules.
- Be viable and trading on or before1 April 2021.
- Employ globally between 10 and 249 Full Time Equivalents (FTE) working at least 35 hours per week and are on payroll (sub-contracted staff are not counted towards the headcount). See below:
A staff member working 35 hours is classed as 1 FTE
A staff member working 70 hours per week would still be classed as 1 FTE
Part-time staff can be aggregated for example:
-2 part time staff working 21 hours each would be the equivalent of 1.2 FTE
-3 part time staff working 7 hours per week would be the equivalent of 0.6 FTE
Up to date RTI/payroll evidence will be required (and verified in the accountant’s letter) for all staff working in the Liverpool City Region.
- Be based and have commercial property-related costs in Liverpool City Region and be able to evidence 2021 annual rental costs including service charge and annual business rates (where applicable).
- Be able to demonstrate that the business has been severely impacted as a result Covid-19. Note: The business will be asked for proof of severe impact from Covid-19 (e.g. loss of turnover, income) in the form of a letter from a suitably qualified accountant, using the template provided.
How do I Apply?
To apply for this grant and to find out more information please go to: