Government has today announced new restrictions to tackle COVID-19 that will cover Liverpool, Sefton, Knowsley, Wirral, Halton and St Helens.
The restrictions will take place from Tuesday 22 September and may affect your business.
The restrictions are:
- Residents must not socialise with other people outside of their own households or support bubble in private homes and gardens
- Hospitality for food and drink will be restricted to table service only – The rule of 6 still applies ie. households can still mix within the rule of 6, subject to social distancing etc.
- Late night operating hours will be restricted, with Leisure and entertainment venues including restaurants, pubs, and cinemas, required to close between 10pm to 5am.
Residents are also advised to adhere to the following guidance to further reduce rates of infection:
- Only to use public transport for essential purposes, such as travelling to school or work
- Avoid attending amateur and semi-professional sporting events as spectators.
These changes are in addition to the nationwide 6-person limit on social gatherings that came into force last week.
For more information on the restrictions click here.
Track and Trace
From 18th September, Track and Trace is a legal requirement for businesses. From 24 September, the new NHS COVID-19 app will help businesses meet the requirement to record the contact details of customers, visitors and staff on their premises.
The city will really appreciate your continued support, but we’re sure that those of you who are following the guidelines appreciate the need for the whole city to act responsibly at this critical time. So, if you are aware of others not doing that, please do not hesitate to inform Matt Ashton, Liverpool City Council’s Director of Public Health on the following email – Matthew.email@example.com.