The latest Liverpool Hotel Update, documenting hotel performance in Liverpool City Centre in 2018, has been published; and it makes for good reading.
You can read the whole report here but we’ve picked out some key stats:
– It was a record year for Liverpool hotels, with 2,087,153 room nights sold – up 3.9% on 2017.
– Average occupancy was 81%, up 3.1% year-on-year.
– Weekday occupancy, at 80.7%, saw a 4% increase. This was due to a rise in both business and leisure visitors
– Average RevPAR was £63.15, up £4.10 from 2017. At weekend nights, RevPAR was as high as £93.22.
– Occupancy peaked in August and October, which were the first two months the city had ever sold more than 190,000 room nights.
– However, growth was consistent across the year – with the exception of January, every month set a new record for rooms sold.
Here’s to another great year in 2019!